Alright I’m just going to get right into it! I’ve organized it by an overall list and followed by specific areas. Feel free to scroll down as you need!
- dust baseboards
- dust/wash light fixtures and lamps
- clean or replace bathroom ceiling fans
- dust wood doors
- touch up paint where scuff marks or scratches have happened
- vacuum or wash curtains, OR dust window blinds
- clean windows (often easier to do when the weather is nice out)
- dust bookcases and books
- wipe down and vacuum furniture (clean the base and under cushions)
- buff the leather furniture
- remove stains from upholstered furniture
- dust lampshades
- deep clean hardwood, tile and carpet flooring
- remove rugs to shake out, then vacuum, then clean under them
- vacuum all flooring, including corners and edges
- clean dryer lint vent
- dust around mirrors, picture frames, and wall hangings
- replace light bulbs (replace ideally to LED!)
- Clean and organize your closets and cupboards
I’d love to hear from you! What would you add to the list?
Here are a few photos of my cleaning endeavours!