Today I’m sharing how to crochet a very simple headband. I figured its pretty timely too considering the cold temps are upon us in Toronto! I kind of made my own variations and think this one is pretty simple to follow. I’m so excited to share this pattern with you!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Skein of yarn – Usually I use a category 5
- Crochet hook- size 6.0mm
You’ll need to know how to:
slip knot, chain, single crochet, weave in ends
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
- Foundation: Start with a slip knot, and ch 6 (keep the tension loose), ch 2 extra
- Row 1: sc in the 2nd chain from the hook. sc 6 across
- Measure the circumference of head size you need. This is how many rows you’ll need to crochet to achieve that length. For me it was 20″. So repeat step 2 until you have your length.
- Once you have completed this, finish off your ends.
- The final step is to crochet your ends together to join the sides and tie it off with a knot!
Crocheting is so much fun! I’m thinking the next step is that I will a fleece liner for this hat to keep me warm during what is predicted to be a pretty bad winter. Have fun making this hat either for yourself or as a gift!