Kimonos seem to be everywhere these days. They are the perfect compliment to just about any outfit. While on one hand they make you swoon, the price tag could also make you cringe! Today I’m going to show you how to make a DIY Kimono for under $10 in less than 30min.
What you’ll need:
- Fabric- can be chiffon or silk (40″ x 60″)
- Sewing machine
- Measuring tape or ruler
1. Cut your fabric to be 40 x 60-in. If you can get the fabric store to cut it for you then you’re golden! Fold it in half and be sure that the wrong side (the side you don’t want to show) is facing you.
2. Measure down 10 inches and in 6 inches and mark it with your tailor’s chalk.
3. Join your marks and draw a sort of L shape. Repeat on the other side.
4. Now pin all along your Ls and cut the excess. Then sew your seams together.
5. At this point, take a ruler and find the exact middle of your rectangle and cut it height-wise from top to bottom, but be sure to cut just the top layer of your fabric.
6. Almost done. Just fold more or less 1 inch of fabric from the center of our kimono, then repeat along the edges and sew.
There you have it! Fast and affordable fashion in less than 30min!! Thanks for visiting the blog today. Have a great day!